Sunday, October 18, 2009

Oct. 18th “Change Seats!”













" BrightIrisDaze"

Size: 16" X 24" Giclee' on Canvas Hand Embellished by Artist; Certified & Limited From "The Modern Art Collection" - Click HERE - Find the ENLARGED paintings with details, pricing, shipping and more as well as my comments on the paintings

BLOG BURST:
" “It’s not fair! I was confronted by that statement several times this week and tried to look behind the statement and see what was motivating it. If we look closely enough when these kinds of outbursts happen we can understand a lot about what’s going on either with the person or their circumstances. We after all are making judgments from the seat we’re sitting in, and too often from our own myopic self serving point of view.

Statements and outbursts during that time seem to arrest us and should stop us in our tracks. Quite frankly, we’ve all got stuff. It’s one of the major problems in our world. We’ve got stuff to do and stuff to go and stuff to get and stuff to be and stuff for someone else’s stuff.

Just maybe it’s time to change seats and stop and look and listen and ponder and evaluate. See how far we’ve progressed away from core values, foundational beliefs, the vows we took and a whole bunch more. Maybe it’s time to sit and look into the heart-stopping beauty of an amazing painting that hits us between the eyes and brings us to our knees. It just may change our perspective Believe me, it is time!”"

POETIC PONTIFICATION:
" “I’m so exhausted with all I have to do and what I’m to get done.
I used to think I had some idea what it was to have some fun.
Now I’ve got work and family and friends and schedules and more.
I just want to go to my room and somehow bolt the door!
Wait! What’s that that is compelling my heart deep within my being?
A painting, beautiful, awesome, fantastic, it’s beyond what I am seeing!"

“Focus a little less on self and try focusing on that’s going to grab you and add to your being daily! Have a great week.”

"Find my paintings, or may my paint-tings find you!"

Douglas Auld

Copyright MMIX Auld, Ltd

p.s. " Here are some artists who create paintings that compel you.”
Faye Christian Phillips, Bobbi Heath, Daniel Corey, Frank Gardner, Mary Sheehan Winn

2 comments:

  1. Your paintings and writings are very unique and inspiring, Douglas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doug, I am very honored that you included me in this list of artists. I also like your painting/writing blog and will add you to my links.

    ReplyDelete