Sunday, November 28, 2010

Nov. 28th “Consuming World”













RoadLessTraveled

BLOG BURST:
"Ya… Yes! We’re almost through that fabulous time that makes us thankful. No I’m not talking about Thanksgiving. I’m talking about Black Friday that’s really Black Long Weekend. Once again we’ve traded what our forefathers thought was a good idea for a merchandising extravaganza. Who needs time to reflect, be with friends and family, and remember special occasions, days when vows were swapped creating eternal bonds? All that is a thing of the past! It’s I want to feel good and get on with my life. And of course feeling good means consuming everything the world lays up and lays out as truth.

If you bought paintings to fill up empty walls or match pillows your just part of the greed and meism generation. You could have emptied the garage and probably fed ten to a hundred starving children. I know it’s what will the neighbors think and who would have seen me do that.

So find a painting that means something to you that speaks to your heart and that you won’t just throw away because you’ve had a change of life or someone’s not meeting your needs the way you think they should.

Those treasures are priceless treasures through thick, thin, fat or slim or whatever you think you are going through."


POETIC PONTIFICATION:
“Thought I’d be with you till the end
Questions now arise that you saw me as a friend
Changes here and there when money was more not less
But that wasn’t good enough, just added to distress
So you bought a new one and replaced my space
A new painting on the wall, it’s really a disgrace!”

“Paintings can be reminders of what you are truly thankful for, or may keep you focused on the path less traveled, away from worldly choices. Have a great week!”

"Find my paintings, or may my paint-tings find you!"

Douglas Auld

Copyright MMX Auld, Ltd

No comments:

Post a Comment