Sunday, December 11, 2011

Dec. 11th “The Gift of Teaching”











“Go and Inspire”

BLOG BURST:
"I was very fortunate to have many gifted teachers who both taught and inspired me. I was also fortunate for a period of time to know someone who was very gifted in this field for many years. I saw them from the time they did student teaching to becoming a seasoned professional. Over many of those years I heard the anger over and over in their voice as they said they were in a job they hated.

I was extremely fortunate to be at a ceremony that was dedicated to award winning, outstanding teachers. The person I previously discussed was one of those being honored. I was so proud of that person. Standing close to me while observing was an individual who saw the tears in my eyes and said you must be very proud. I said to her, “You’ll never know how much!”

I work and spend time with a number of gifted school teachers and Biblical teachers and this year I painted this message (see above) that I have been carrying around for a number of years. For the past couple of years I have been inspired by this meaningful phrase, “The artist is nothing without the gift and the gift is nothing without the work!” It takes a lot of extremely hard work usually under extremely hard pressure for a long time to consistently produce something truly meaningful from the gift you were given.

If you are or ever have been, or have been affected by a great teacher then you will understand the meaning in this painting. Thank you teachers for all you do and have done. You may never know or see any results personally, but thank you! Thank you God for your indescribable gifts!”


POETIC PONTIFICATION:
“Somehow we lose track of those who made a difference in our life
Many stern, many kind, and many understanding but all with advice
Countless times they opened our eyes and nurtured our seeing
They invested themselves within the walls of our heart and being
Each day has a piece of those who gave and made you who you are
Because of them the road isn’t so long and the journey not so far!”

“Paintings can pay tribute and bring positive recall. Let the artist provoke your understanding and broaden your scope of your thinking. Have a great week!”

"Find my paintings, or may my paint-tings find you!"

Douglas Auld

Copyright MMXI Auld, Ltd

No comments:

Post a Comment