Sunday, November 22, 2009

Nov. 22nd “Thankful 4 Thanksgiving & You”













"SunsetOverLook"
Size: 12" X 16" Giclee' on Canvas Hand Embellished by Artist; Certified & Limited From "The Fall Maine Collection". - Click HERE - Find the ENLARGED paintings with details, pricing, shipping and more as well as my comments on the paintings.

BLOG BURST:
"It’s amazing but in our warp-speed, self-absorbed society, we actually have a day where we are supposed to be with people we care for, spend some time with some of them and have a meal which isn’t fast food. Wow!! We’ve surely come a long way.

So many are into me-ism, just check out the social media activities, that vanity brings them to the place that others are supposed to be thankful for them. But the wisdom of others prior to this culture set up a time to come together, reflect and be thankful.

Thanksgiving of course reminds me of paintings. Some will say now there’s a leap for him, everything reminds him of paintings. No, really. Both have the ability to make us stop and reflect, ponder and mediate on memories and occurrences that have crossed our paths or run over us like trucks. They may not all be good but they are a part of our own personal fabric.

As you get the opportunity and I say opportunity because I am so aware of the choices we make, take some time and be thankful to God for all He has given you, all He has done for you, and all He has allowed you to experience. Gaze into a beautiful painting and see if you can see His message of hope. If you can’t, ask Him to show it to you."


POETIC PONTIFICATION:
“I started out on this journey without map or GPS
Not knowing anything, but seeing how I’ve been blessed.
Kindness beyond measure, shared and given my way,
Reflecting on the many who have picked me up each day.
Thank you God for all You have done, no matter what’s to come.
As I gaze into a beautiful painting, I reflect upon Your Son.”

“I hope for you that no matter where you are, what choices you have made, you will have a great “Thanksgiving”!”

"Find my paintings, or may my paint-tings find you!"

Douglas Auld

Copyright MMIX Auld, Ltd

No comments:

Post a Comment